OPPAGA text logo with graphic of FL historic capitol
OPPAGA text logo with graphic of FL historic capitol

Hamilton School District Saves $550,312 by Implementing Review Recommendations

Report 00-05, August 2000




Report Summary

The 1996 Legislature funded a performance review of the Hamilton County School District. A private consulting firm that had been selected competitively, MGT of America, Inc., conducted the review in 1997 under contract with OPPAGA. As of March 2000, the Hamilton County School District has implemented or is in the process of implementing 55% of the performance review recommendations. As a result, the district reports that it has saved $550,312 to date, with additional sa District administrators provided several reasons why the school district has chosen not to implement the remaining 45% of the recommendations. These include other district priorities and perceived undesirable effects of some recommendations.


Related Reports
  1. Progress Report: K-12 Accountability System and Student Achievement Improved, But Challenges Remain
    Report 04-41 June 2004
  2. Kindergarten Through Twelfth Grade Public Education Program
    Report 01-22 April 2001
  3. Hamilton County School District Performance Review
    Report 97-HASDPR May 1997
Copies of this report in print or alternate accessible format may be obtained by email OPPAGA@oppaga.fl.gov, telephone (850) 488-0021, or mail 111 W. Madison St., Room 312 Tallahassee, FL 32399-1475.
education, school districts, best financial management practice, performance reviews, schools, school districts, k-12, public schools, district, cost savings, funding, finance, budget, school district performance review program, instruction, transportation, facilities, food service, management, safety, security